1915

Wisconsin football vs. Chicago October 19, 1910 at Camp Randall Stadium

Work began on the current Camp Randall Stadium in 1915 after seven years of petitioning to the state legislature in order to receive the necessary funds to construct a permanent football stadium. The work was slow and immediately fell behind schedule. While playing Minnesota on Nov. 20, 1915, the east-side bleachers collapsed and injured hundreds of spectators. The accident caught the attention of the legislature and the new concrete seating was soon under construction.